Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snowin' in Tennessee

Hey y'all. Sittin at the plum swanky new Hampton Inn in Murfreesboro. Had to get here early because we are having a VIP party friday night at Road to the Horse. We wanted to have awesome food so we hauled our friend Trip Bellinger's big ol smoker up here to cook up a mess of Boston Butts, Baked Beans and the fixins.

It oughta be yummy!

It's been a whirlwind week ... on Monday I picked up my buddy Vicki in Atlanta and we went back over to the Atlanta Market ... oh first we ate at the Varsity. Which is always good, but never really good for you. I had Wyatt with me, but at only 4 years old he had no clue how iconic the place is.
I was thrilled at the market to quite accidentally run in to old friends Lamar and Susan Green of Tumbleweeds Leather. We lost Lamar and Susan to the call of the wild west for several years. Lamar's ailing parents dictated that they return to Georgia if only for a little while.
It was really funny ... actually. Wyatt was upset at the market show because I couldn't really buy him anything. People just were not selling samples. So I gave him the camera and told him to take pictures. This occupied him nicely while Vicki and I talked with Kelly Herd ( think jewelry!!). I saw a pretty brunette lady sitting in a rustic booth filled with colorful boots and told Wyatt to go ask if he could take her picture. When he spoke to her, I recognized her voice! It was Susan!
She and Lamar still make incredible saddles and leather goods but they are the new south eastern rep for Jurassic Boots! We spent most of the rest of the time at the show chatting with them. I love this business, it's full of my favorite people.
Susan and Lamar cooked cowboy style for us some years ago. Susan made buscuits in a dutch oven ... you know in a hole in the ground over coals. I have a 95 year old grandma that makes awesome buscuits but Susan's dutch oven buscuits where so good that my mouth is watering now ... I ate those buscuits at least 7 years ago!

Oh, I totaled my Tahoe monday night ... I am ok. The deer I hit, well sadly, he didn't make it. I am bummed about my car. I love that ol ragged out Tahoe. But the good news is that we are getting a new truck. A Dodge 2500 - 4x4. Really this is Kent's new truck. But seeing as how my Tahoe will be gone :( ... I'll be driving it for a while anyway. I guess when I do get something, I'll look for something with better gas mileage than my ol girl. With a V8 Vortec 350, she sure could scoot but you could almost see quarters and dollar bills coming out of the tail pipe and then bursting into flames as she went.

I'll start blogging about Road to the Horse tomorrow. Everyone will be setting up their booths and getting ready for Friday.

Till then,

Tess

No comments:

Horse Industry related news and opinions as well as personal observations about life, love and horsiness from HorseSouth Magazine founder and publisher Tess Vanattia.

About Me

My photo
I'm Tess the owner and founder of HorseSouth Magazine. The south's BEST horse publication. I am 38 years old. I am happily married to a wonderful guy. We have 3 beautiful children, 4 horses, 2 dogs and a very busy life. http://www.horsesouth.com