Saturday, May 19, 2007

Women LUV Horses!

I sit here in in the hotel after the Cowgirl Party on the second day of Lynn Palm's Women LUV Horses event in Concord, NC ... I am tired but having a ball.
This gathering of women is nothing short of amazing.
Tonight we saw Stacy Westfall perform her now famous bareback, bridleless reining demo. We saw a astounding dressage demo. Lynn showed her talents in a Western then English demo that also included bridleless riding.
We ate together ... listened to Martha Josey tell us about how she got back into horses after enjoying them as a child. Trail queen Cynthia Cantleberry told us about the mean lil pony that taught her riding skills and started her journey into horses.
I sat next to the incomparable Jane Savoie at dinner, for a while anyway.
I have the kids with me so I was running around a bit after them.
A big thanks to Beth from Kerrits Clothing for taking care of Sylvi for me. It's always so fun to see friends at these events. Alana from Horse & Rider, my good friend Brenda from Hoofbeats Magazine, seeing Stacy and getting to meet Jane. Vicki O'Hara and I barged in on my Mom in the Motor Home and watched the Preakness!! Dang, the Kentucky Derby winner almost won!
I love to migrate to the booths and see folks. I got to meet singer songwriter Templeton Thompson ... wait till you see her new Hippie Chic Cowgirl shirts ... they are just perfect! I got me one! Tempe is so talented ... will be featuring her on the cover of our winter issue!! Followed by Jane Savoie in the spring.
It's been an exciting weekend and when Lynn announces the next WLH, y'all need to make plans to be there.
And a big huge thanks to HorseSouth staffers Caitie and Beth Bellinger for stepping up to the plate and doing the Achievable Horsemanship demo since Jessica and Dawn couldn't be here.
But we do have new FOAL ... and baby girl (spotless :( .. ) but cute ... might be a dun or grulla? Hard to tell.
More tomorrow!!

No comments:

Horse Industry related news and opinions as well as personal observations about life, love and horsiness from HorseSouth Magazine founder and publisher Tess Vanattia.

About Me

My photo
I'm Tess the owner and founder of HorseSouth Magazine. The south's BEST horse publication. I am 38 years old. I am happily married to a wonderful guy. We have 3 beautiful children, 4 horses, 2 dogs and a very busy life. http://www.horsesouth.com