Sunday, May 20, 2007

Home from all the LUV

Wow is really all I can say about this weekend at Women LUV Horses.
I was talking with Marie-Francis, who is Lynn's right hand woman and I told her that I thought no matter how many people came this weekend ... that they all went away touched.
The gathering of these souls that Lynn had the fortitude to bring together (and hats off to Marie-Francis for pulling it all off with style too) this weekend really transcended beyond the retreat, beyond the entertainment and education value and just resonated deep within a lot of women there. I was fortunate to have HS staffers Beth and Caitie Bellinger with me and they are mother and daughter, it was wonderful to see them share their love of horses and to be inspired in the way that I know Lynn imaged. My only sadness is that my two best girlfriends in the world that I share my love of horses with could not be there. Dawn ... I love you and you are my inspiration daily and I missed you so much this weekend! Kim ... I never get to see you and I haven't ridden with you in years but you were heavy in my thoughts this weekend. Stacy rides a black horse that looks like your Bandy and I always cry when she performs knowing that you and Bandy shared a bond like that and how we both still miss him.
What's so special too is the new friendships that I made Templeton Thompson you rock girl ... what an honor and a joy to have a new friend that I can ride and SING with!! Whoo hoo!! If y'all haven't heard Tempie sing ... she is the cat's meow! And Sam, her husband what a talented guy. Can't wait to come visit y'all!!
Sometimes you just know it when you've made a new friend for life! Miss Vicki O'Hara (and y'all need to make sure you get up to Raleigh August 3-5 for the Equine Extravaganza !!) I know God put her in my life so we could inspire and cheer each other on!
I didn't get to do my interview with Martha guys ... she was too busy ... so we will have to push her cover and appearence in the magazine to the August/ September issue .. and this time in June we will bring you my new gal pal Templeton! She's a knockout ... so I know it's gonna be a great cover.
What an honor to have all these gorgeous ladies on my covers. Lynn, Templeton then Martha ... wow. I'll have to bring the fellers back in that's Chris Cox and Craig Cameron ... in that order. Then y'all ... Jane Savoie!! I can't believe it. I am calling Carmen (my childhood riding instructor) and tellin' her ... I sat with Jane and she's gonna do an interview with me.
Guys I met so many great ladies ... you just don't even know. Kowgirl Glitz is a company that the gorgeous Kristin Smith ( who is a real rodeo cowgirl) formed. Y'all gotta go to her website www.cowgirlglitz.com ... her stuff is cooler than cool. And y'all!! My little girl pestered the foo out of her ... she was so nice to her. Thanx Kristin, your kindness will be rewarded. I promise!
Donna from the "getting pretty stinkin' famous" Donne & Cavalli is really an amazing lady. She'll be writing some columns and then we will venture down to St. Simons and bring you a full story on her.
I could go on and on ... but my intention is not to bore you to tears but rather to hopefully spur you into attending these type events ... to show you that it's important to share your passions with like minded folks and to treat yourselves!

Blessings and Good Night!!
Tess

No comments:

Horse Industry related news and opinions as well as personal observations about life, love and horsiness from HorseSouth Magazine founder and publisher Tess Vanattia.

About Me

My photo
I'm Tess the owner and founder of HorseSouth Magazine. The south's BEST horse publication. I am 38 years old. I am happily married to a wonderful guy. We have 3 beautiful children, 4 horses, 2 dogs and a very busy life. http://www.horsesouth.com