Thursday, November 13, 2008

Is it just me?

Is it just me or is it tough to find a positive attitude lately? I have to include myself in this diatribe. Its not that I am negative, I just feel incredibly drained and so very tired.
I wonder if we put so much collective energy into pre-election chats, blogs, discussions and personal thoughts that we've created some sort of vacuum. You know what they say about nature and a vacuum.
What are your thoughts focused on lately? Mine have been tuned into the economy and how to successfully work around its worrisome condition.
The news machine is always such a cornucopia of creativity stalling sludge but seems more so lately.
As a former member of the mainstream media and a current member of niche media ... I have to wonder does this much bad news really sell day after day?
All this time I have worked to write uplifting stories and entertaining pieces ... I didn't know that I could have made a million being a harbinger of doom ... dang, I missed my boat.
I don't care, I akin being a newspaper publisher today to being an oncologist. They pass out mostly horrible information and only rarely brighten someone's day. I have never looked at turning someone else's misfortune into a profit machine for myself. I think a lot of people that will ultimately grow rich during this time will be those that don't have a problem with this concept. I like to help people, I have always liked to help people.
That being said new ideas and new dynamic content will grace the HorseSouth website very soon.

Abundant Blessings (and yes, I really mean that)
Tess

1 comment:

Carol said...

I agree with you, it is hard to stay up these days, but those famous words, the only thing to fear is fear itself. There are people now saying that the economy has hit bottom, and will start to pick up again in the Spring. We do of course need to get thru this Detroit mess, but I honestly believe that once we have the new President in place, when he asks people to move forward, they will. So, we simply must move forward, stay positive, have our plans in place for the better times, and never, never ever give up! Here's to a great Spring! Carol

Horse Industry related news and opinions as well as personal observations about life, love and horsiness from HorseSouth Magazine founder and publisher Tess Vanattia.

About Me

My photo
I'm Tess the owner and founder of HorseSouth Magazine. The south's BEST horse publication. I am 38 years old. I am happily married to a wonderful guy. We have 3 beautiful children, 4 horses, 2 dogs and a very busy life. http://www.horsesouth.com